Tuesday, June 7, 2011

John's DVD Pick of the week (June 7th 2011)

Before I pick my film I just wanna say sorry for the lack of updates on the blog. School has kept me busy, but it's out for the summer. In the meantime all my top ten films are now available with my pick of the week it's



True Grit.
That's Right the Coen Brothers remake of the 1969 John Wayne film was my pick of the week. It was #8 on by best movies of last year. Other films out this week include The esamble cast The Company Men, Mike Leigh's Another Year, Adam Sandler's Just Go With It, and The James Cameron produced Sanctum.

My Vintage pick is: In honor of this week's release of Super 8 I'm recommending a trio of alien films that had involvement from J.J Abrams and Steven Spielberg. They are Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, ET, and Cloverfield. The first two are must sees and the other is not a strong recommendation, but still worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment